Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Portage Glacier





Saturday I went on a cross country ski/hike with Kitty and Mark, Eileen and Bill, Marjory and Pat. (Don was out of town). The lake to the glacier was frozen and some of them had cross country skied it earlier in the week and wanted to do it again. The conditions had changed and there was not much snow left on the ice, so it was mainly skiing on ice! It was slick and hard for me to move. I was happy not to have fallen. After we got there the glacier was beautiful. We had a picnic lunch on the ice. I was surprised to see a few people biking and some also pushing stroller sleds and one chair sled with adults! The weather was clear and sunny.

I decided to take off my skis, put on the grippers and walk back. It was much easier and more enjoyable, and I wished I would have done that both directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment