Saturday, February 18, 2012

Snow, Snow and more snow!






This has been a very cold, snowy winter in Anchorage. We have had 107 inches officially, and I think much more at our house. Our snowfall is about twice the average and has broken some records. The January average temperature was 2.7 degrees. Many days it was below zero and minus 14 took my breath away literally! Almost everyday I still get out of the house, twice my car was stuck in the driveway and once it was so deep I couldn't even back out. A friend picked me up for our bridge Christmas party that day.

We have had some problems with the furnace being able to keep up with the cold and it was replaced. Also we had to have the roof shoveled to prevent leaks. We have huge icicles now and all of the streets and lots in town are icy.

No comments:

Post a Comment