Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring outings


Well the snow has melted on the trail (even if it doesn't look like it), and spring outings are beginning again. On April 19th, I joined the hikers for a snow shoe in Eagle River. Much of the snow had melted so it was too late to cross country ski. I am a beginner at snow shoes and with the lack of snow it was more difficult. I went for a distance and then turned around to head to Vickie's for a delightful buffet. We saw evidence (scat) of bears, but no live ones!

The hike On May 3 began at McHugh Creek. Most of the group went six miles. I was lucky to find a group only going four miles. It had some nice views and some inclines, but I did okay.

Last week May 10, we decided to bike along the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail It was about 18 miles and I surprised some by being a much stronger biker, than hiker. (Easier on the old knees). Afterwards we had a delightful lunch at Eileen's.

No comments:

Post a Comment